Thursday, May 24, 2007

Stack-N-Whack | Part 1

My friend Lauren and I signed up for a three week quilting class at Quiltology, the best fabric store in the world. This June we'll be venturing into unknown territory as we learn a precision cutting technique that should yield some amazing results in quilted form. From the looks of the pattern, this will be more complicated and involved than anything I've done in the past, but I am up for the challenge.

Here are the fabrics I'll be using for the intended masterpiece:
The class meets June 12, 19, and 26 and cost a pretty penny, but I'm hoping to improve my quilting skills and learn some new pointers. I think that this summer I will dedicate myself, among other pursuits, to concentrated sewing efforts. I'll post our progress as the month goes on.

6 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

How exciting!!!! Love those fabrics, too.

I have heard about stacking/whacking, but have yet to try it. Post to excess, please???

Amy and Andrew said...

THAT'S PRETTY!

Vivian Love said...

You'll love stack & whacks. It'll teach you a different way of looking at fabrics. I remember the first one I saw. This lady tried to explain it to me. She said, "you just stack all the fabrics together, cut, and voila! You have a beautiful star!" So I took a class to see what it was all about. Not as simple as the lady had told me, but super fun. My advice: pay attention and be precise and it will work. You'll have fun. Good luck...Vivian Love

Melissa said...

oooooooooooooooooooh, me likey. i'm still aching to learn how to sew/quilty/be crafty with fabric, but until i get that darned sewing machine, it'll be flamenco lessons for this stomping dancer!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for our class...and for the finished product! At least maybe this time we can have someone else do the quilting! It will be perfection! Love your fabrics! ~Lauren

Anonymous said...

any paisley? sp?

-jed