Monday, August 25, 2008

Lotus Brick Path Quilt

One of my dearest friends, Caroline, is due in late September with a little girl. As a fellow quilter and friend, I couldn't wait to get working on a crib quilt for her nursery. I used Amy Butler's Lotus Brick Path Quilt pattern found on her website (for free). It's always fun to make a quilt for a little girl... feminine fabrics are plentiful and easy to find. I picked out some fat quarters that would go well in the baby's room from Quiltology and got to work.

This pattern is super easy (if anyone out there is looking for something simple to begin their quilting career with) and didn't take too long to complete. One of my favorite parts of the pattern are the sweet little pom-poms on the corners of the quilt. One of my least favorite parts of making the quilt were the same sweet little pom-poms. They are slippery little suckers!

After having completed the crib-sized quilt, I had some left over fabric, so I used it to make a little miniature version for a baby doll, mini pom-poms and all!

16 comments:

Amy and Andrew said...

It's beautiful. I love it!

Anonymous said...

It looks SO great! She will love it. My favorite blanket that anyone gave Soren was the quilted one from my sister. I love the little pom poms. Great touch.

Melissa said...

Gorgeous (as always), Sarah! What a wonderful and personal gift to give. One of my favorite wedding gifts was the crocheted blanket my best friend made me. It's the best when you're sick on the couch with a bowl of soup in hand. There is something so comforting about our favorite blankets, whether we're 5 years old or 50! Whatever you do, don't open a shop with all your wares...I'd come in every week and blow my entire paycheck! ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for your left over fabric, A doll quilt. Very pretty for any little girl. She'll love it.

peacenluv78 said...

Very cute!!!

Pikku- Kettu said...

Gorgeous! I love the little pom-poms!

Lindahl News 2 said...

Love the quilt!!!!

Seeing as you are so good with crafting pom-poms, wanna come over and make some pom pom critters with me...or a poodle, perhaps? Ha!

Alisha said...

yeah i'm trying to get better at this whole blogging thing...seeing as almost all my friends are going to need updates on my life!! oh and those quilts look sweet!!! nice work :)

Jessica said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love yours! We've been going a bit batty with the brick path quilt pattern...making a bunch for Christmas gifts this year-its so easy! I love the fabrics you used--it's beautiful!

Teresa said...

This quilt is beautiful! I love the fabrics you used.

I want to do a few quilts for Christmas presents, and I just might have to do a brick pattern like this one. It is lovely!

peacenluv78 said...

amy butler rocks! and her free patterns are even lovelier! haha. one of these days i am going to take the time out to sew a quilt...your quilt is absolutely lovely by the way! the cording was super easy to make btw, you just buy cording, cut long thin strips of fabric, fold over the cording than using a zipper foot sew close to the cording, super easy and i'm sure a pro like you can do it!

amylouwhosews said...

LOVE IT! I've decided I really like quilts that don't have borders. The fabrics and color palette are gorgeous. I think I want to make that quilt too - I have the pattern. I just need more fabric!

Good thing AB just came out with the new Daisy Chain line!

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt! It's beautiful. I really need to learn to make them. I've been sticking with the small things.

prettywithribbons said...

I especially like the little pom-poms - what a great touch!

Melissa said...

PS: I love the shots you get of your quilts hanging off the chair. That could totally be a logo or incorporated into your little shop sign when you have one. :)

Erika said...

I just downloaded the pattern. I think it'll be perfect for my remnants! Thank you for both the link and the gorgeous pictures!