Monday, February 18, 2013

Godzilla

One thing living in your parents house allows you to do is remember and reconnect with household objects you grew up with but may have forgotten. An item I have a new-found appreciation and love for is this crazy old kitchen knife we grew up with, aptly named "Godzilla." 


As a child or teenager, one typically doesn't give much thought to their parent's cutlery, but since my new contribution to the family (now that we're living here) is cooking our meals, I find myself using this knife many times a day. And I love it. I don't even know where they got it, but it's like a family heirloom. TK thinks it looks like some relic from the Crusades.


Godzilla may look and be old, but it cuts everything like it's slicing butter. I honestly try to think of what could possibly need chopped or diced just so that I can use it. For all I know, knives made these days are better, but not the ones I've encountered. So I'm loving this puppy while I can...and asking for it to be written into the will that I would receive it. We'll see if my siblings object. It could result in an eventual family feud, but I've just got to keep that knife!