Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sabbatical

Pardon my absence, friends. Since graduation, I've been enjoying some down time...not reading, writing, or really doing much of anything, but I'll end my blogging sabbatical and come back to life here. Some highlights of the last few weeks include, but are not limited to the following:

TK and I went to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull last week with the Daigles. It was exciting to see Docta Jones back in action (and with the wonderful Cate Blanchett no less)! I was completely satisfied with the acting, script, lack of special effects, and filming. I was not so enamored with the plot device, however, and wonder how other fans felt. I know it was the 50s and all, but (I don't want to give too much away) I really didn't care for the ending. I mean, come on. Even the Nazis melting and having their evil souls taken away from them in the Last Crusade was more believable than what we were forced to experience with numero cuatro.

It wasn't really even much of a nail-biter, but Big Brown easily won the Preakness...onto the Belmont Stakes for the Triple Crown on June 7th! Mark your calendars.

My cousin Beth got married over Memorial Day Weekend to a lovely gentleman named Mike. The wedding was followed by a picnic reception held at a park in Syracuse, NY. A cover band played throughout the reception until my Uncle Paul, Beth's dad, and his band "Johnny Baptist and the Total Immersions" (true story) took over. The newlyweds are back to New York City where they live and work.

My family spent the rest of the weekend in our fair hometown of Jamestown, NY playing and hanging out in my parents' beautiful yard together. There is nothing in life I really enjoy much more than being with my mom, dad, sisters, brothers, and my man, and this weekend spent together in Jamestown couldn't have been better.

It's beginning to look a lot like summer and I, for one, can't wait!

3 comments:

Amy and Andrew said...

Welcome back! I, as you know, was not so enamored with the plot device in "Crystal Skull" either, BUT I am quite enamored with your picture of Doctor Jones! What a stud!

And your bocce balls are pretty.

Melissa said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to read about your summer adventures!

Jen said...

I know we've already discussed this, but I wasn't terribly enamored with the script at all, not even just the plot device. Production values and all of that were great, but the writing was not on par with what I would expect from Indy. Perhaps we should just pretend that the whole franchise consists solely of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "The Last Crusade".

Glad you're back!!