Friday, November 21, 2008

Turtle Power

Isn't she a cutie? I'd seen the pattern for this little turtle in Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing, but was inspired to try it out when Allison, a member of a Facebook group, Sew and Tell, started making them. I am testing out some patterns for an artsy boutique that I'm planning on participating in this February, so why not make a toy turtle, right?

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to actually turn her tiny tail inside out to stuff after sewing it, so she's tail-less and loving it. Don't you love those sad eyes and that droopy head?

14 comments:

VeggieAmanda said...

Adorable! That would make the perfect gift for a baby or child!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute turtle!

Lukas McKnight said...

She is so cute!! Job well done.

Anonymous said...

nice job!! what is the boutique all about? will you be selling some of your items?

Amy and Andrew said...

She's a cutie alright!

amylouwhosews said...

That is so cute ! I have that same fabric in green. And I have that book from the library. Maybe I need to make one. And I'll feed it pretend hot dogs or corn dogs.....

Amy said...

I love the fabric choice. Oh to have a use for pink in my household...

Kim -today's creative blog said...

thanks for stopping by

Paige said...

Very sweet indeed!

kraftykash said...

That turned out great! Love the colors.

Dave B. said...

You have quite the following...you should start making money off this blogging endeavor.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I'd love one of those for my girls!

Jessica said...

That turtle turned out great! I have that pattern downstairs just waiting to be sewn for a babe due in March.

Kristen said...

I want one (or two) for the girls.... let me know when these are for sale!