Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Make It Work

Tonight is the season finale of Project Runway, Season 5. Oh, you don't watch Project Runway, you say? Well, friend, you should have been watching! If you haven't been, the show is an addiction of greatest proportions to anyone who's ever picked up a pair of scissors and a tape measure. The contestants compete against each other each week to create the best garment(s), but are restricted by time, materials, and theme. Their designs are judged by a panel of "real" designers or others in the fashion industry and each week one designer is eliminated.

As far as the judges are concerned, over the past season I've come to be convinced that Heidi Klum is one of the most beautiful people ever to walk the earth, that I want Nina Garcia's hair, and that Michael Kors, while he has some hilarious one-liners, needs to lay off the self-tanner. I also can't say enough about the highest admiration I hold for Tim Gunn. I truly love the man. He is polished, put together, patient, and has an amazing vocabulary to boot! He genuinely cares about the designers, to whom he is a mentor on the show, and wants what's best for them. I'm convinced that that is his attitude about every single person he meets in life. I'm such a fan! Thank goodness his show Tim Gunn's Guide to Style continues even after Project Runway's season ends tonight.

Tonight's episode will feature the collections from the remaining three designers who were able to bring their wears to Bryant Park Fashion Week in New York City. And so, I have some parting words for the remaining three.

Kenley Collins: Girl, you've got to lose that 'tude. Seriously who in their right mind thinks that they can talk smack to Heidi Klum or to sweet Tim Gunn?! You've just plain got bad manners and you worry me. Jerell was right when he said you know how to make one heck of a 50s dress, but that's about it. You could be so much more, and I hope that you will be, but the eye-rolling has got to stop!



Leanne Marshall: You are the sweetest thing in the world. You seem a little tired lately, but who wouldn't be after all the hard and meticulous work you put into every one of your garments. I think you could have won nearly all of the challenges. I hope that you win tonight, but Kenley's collection did look pretty good when we saw some of it last week, so I'm counting on you and the judges putting her in her place!


Korto Momolu: I like your style. You really bring your true self to this competition but you aren't obnoxious about it like Ms. Collins. You roll with the punches and have gracefully dealt with everything that has come your way on the show. I'd really like to spend a day with you. I don't think you'll win, but if you do, I won't be disappointed.



Alright, girls. Let's make it work and not bore the judges...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this show too! And I agree with all your comments. I really did like Jerrell and was sorry to see him go. I'll be watching tonight with you.

-- Barb Hungerford

Amy and Andrew said...

Ha! You're funny.

Anonymous said...

Love it!! I can't wait for the finale. I've been hooked since season 2 and watched all the re-runs since. I can't wait!!

Alissa said...

I'm so torn! It's on against the debate (here on the west coast)... I'll have to watch it tivoed I guess. I'm routing for Leanne! (is that how she spells it?)

Sarah said...

I'm going to record it and watch the debates. I think it's usually on again though at 10:00 Central?

hannahleman@gmail.com said...

i have loved leanne since episode one.

Lindahl News 2 said...

Sorry I spelled Leanne wrong on your Facebook comment. I had a friend in high school with this name, and we spelled it that way.

So exciting...and I love Tim Gunn, too! Heidi, not as much as you do.
Though she is beautiful, she's just not quite approachable and seems a tad lofty. Guess one would have to walk a mile in her shoes, though.

Carol said...

haha. i recently started watching this show and i love it! tim gunn is great!

msergent said...

This is my favorite show!! I'm so happy that Leanne won. She was by far my fave. I must admit that I couldn't help but watch this finale over the debate. :)