Friday, October 24, 2008

Cookie Skillet

Keeping a container of Toll House Cookie Dough in your refrigerator is a good idea. I highly recommend stocking it in the case of unexpected company, a sudden urge for the warmth of freshly baked cookies, or for the occasional pity party.

If there is one dessert I've come to trust and obey it is a cookie skillet. It's as simple as anything, and by the time your guests have finished feasting on it, they'll be so overcome by its simple goodness they won't be able to see straight! In addition to two individual cast iron skillets (6.5 inch) (two will serve 4 people), you'll need a few simple ingredients that you most likely already have in your possession. Cookie dough, vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and Reddi-whip are all you need to make your cookie skillet dreams come true.

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spoon cookie dough into skillet, covering the bottom (you won't really need to pack it in, but you can make sure it is semi-formed together).
3. Heat in oven until slightly cooked, but still a little gooey, about 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let cool, about 3 minutes.
5. Top with three scoops of vanilla ice cream, Reddi-whip, and chocolate syrup.
6. Indulge, my friends.

17 comments:

Liz said...

Um, I think I just drooled a little looking at that...

Meredith said...

That looks AMAZING! YUM!

Melissa said...

Mmmmmm, how yummy.

Lukas McKnight said...

Ooooh! I had one of these at a restaurant (Oregano's) in Arizona, but I never thought of making one on my own. This is the perfect fit when it's too late in the night to eat shortbread!

simplicity said...

I could have gone for one of those last night :)

Rachel Burton said...

While keeping Tollhouse cookie dough on hand is a great idea in theory, I always nibble on the uncooked dough and before I know it, it's all gone with not one cookie to show for it. But that skillet thing looks positively divine!

Vivian Love said...

I love this! I'm going to try this for sure! Thanks!

Kinda reminds me of "Pizookies" from BJs Bar and Grill, near my house. My family's favorite!

Carol said...

that looks glorious.

Amy said...

Just when I thought I had the chocolate chip cookie perfected...

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah!
This looks so yum! One question - what is a skillet? Sam xox

Anonymous said...

I was going to say they're known as "pizookie" at some restaurants, but I see that Vivian beat me to it. I looove pizookie!

amylouwhosews said...

I bought some ready to bake oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today - I wish I'd had a skillet to bake them in.

Kirsten said...

i love cookie skillets...i had never had one until we started going to brownstone =) but i'm sure they are so much better homemade. yours looks delicious!!

Sarah H said...

Yum!
But do you actually manage to KEEP cookie dough in your fridge? You self-disciplined woman!

Katherine said...

I just saw this Pic and I actually started to drool...Looks soo Good!!

Aaron said...

I like it with toasted almonds on top. mmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

The good news with aggressive conflict is that, once it's expressed, people "get over it" more quickly and it's usually easier to return to collaboration. [url=http://www.elitwine.com]canada goose parkas[/url] Friedman believed that people not only consume depending upon their current income, but also considering their future income. [url=http://www.sagoparap.org]canada goose trillium[/url] Ndnadocwo
[url=http://www.texsoco.com]canada goose oslo[/url] Isdwlizai [url=http://www.christianlouboutinonlineoutlet.co.uk]christian louboutin shoe sale[/url] rxphkblxk