Monday, September 8, 2008

Are You Ready for Some Football?

Once again, I've been invited to test my mad skillz in the family fantasy football league. Last year was my first attempt at any such venture. My 5-9-0 season was not quiet pathetic, but certainly not successful.

Our draft a few weeks ago left me underwhelmed with my team, but we'll see what happens throughout the season. The team I'm matched up against this week has one more wide receiver playing tonight and I'm only three points ahead. I'm confident ¡ándale ándale!, my team, will lose. Right now I'm thanking my lucky stars that I didn't pick Tom Brady who made me proud as my quarterback last year. He suffered a season ending injury yesterday, and that would have gotten me nowhere fast.

Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck! Our TV was on from 12-10 yesterday...it got a little intense more than once. :)

Anonymous said...

I must say - you continue to surprise me!

Amy and Andrew said...

Buena suerte!

Anonymous said...

It was a sad fantasy football day at our house since Chris was the unlucky manager who picked Tom Brady with his first pick. I guess you never know.
Janine

Swedish Colombian said...

today matt lundgren was our worship leader at our meeting, and as he was waiting for me to get the slide show of worship songs going, he invited everyone there to pray for tom brady!! (i was one of the few saying 'tom who?') but good luck with your brady-less team.

wow. you cook, you sew, you do fantasy football. you're a real renaissance woman!