Thursday, July 24, 2008

Outdoor Living

I'm a huge fan of outdoor living... I mean, who isn't? When summertime comes, there is one place to be, and that's in the great outdoors! (Unless, of course, you are inside at your sewing machine.) Besides the vast amount of time he's spent in our yard gardening lately, TK's been working on some other aspects to improve the ambiance outside of the house. Who wants to grill on a temporary stand when you can make your own outdoor counter top?

Why buy a planter box for your deck when you can create an original?

I knew my man had some major skills when it came to interiors, but I'm pleasantly surprised at his commitment to quality and beauty outside of the house as well. What a glorious deck we now have where we can pass the summer nights, so quickly dwindling away.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm jealous! We have a great backyard but we're on the second floor and our downstairs neighbor uses it way more frequently than we do. I miss the deck at our old place. Though I don't miss the 1930s wallpaper in that kitchen...ah, tradeoffs. :)

Swedish Colombian said...

Melissa, I miss the deck at your old place!
Sarah, does your man do house (deck) calls?????

Sarah said...

Well, he can do deck jobs if that's what you mean. Does your deck need sprucing up?

Alli said...

Please don't talk about the summer dwindling away.

I am always so impressed with TK's work.

Also, speaking of sewing machines, Luke and I are debating about asking our landlords if we can have (or buy) the dusty old one that's been sitting outside the basement for a year. What say you? Do you think it's practical if we're not quilters?

Sarah said...

I say get it if you can. You don't need to be a quilter to put to use a good sewing machine. Who knows when you'll need to mend some pants, alter a tee-shirt, etc. And who knows when you might become a quilter?!

Amy and Andrew said...

Remember that Outdoor Living book you gave me? I think we need to peruse it again now that we finally have some outdoors. The back porch looks great!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sarah...I'm able to leave comments in your blog now. I wonder whether it was that I didn't know how, or that I couldn't from the address I was using...anyway, going through your quiltblog profile, I got here. Way cool. A handy man is a good one to keep around. And what was up with that tiny chicken??? Lane (quiltfool from myquiltblog)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,
I've nominated you for a blog award. See my site for details.
-Amy

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful spot to spend your time. Enjoy every second of it!

Lindahl News 2 said...

You are living a charmed life, to be sure!