Friday, March 13, 2009

¡Que Sabrosa!

Are you sick of winter yet? I am. I'm yearning for meals on the back porch, the smell of burgers on the grill, and friends outside feasting on summer's bounty. While admittedly, I'm a huge fan of hearty winter meals, I occasionally need to escape south of the border. You and I may not be living our lives in the good old sun right now, but our taste buds can be, right?!

Well se
ñoritas, aquí está....Spicy-Lime Chicken Fajitas. Impress your guests or family with this doozie!

For marinade, combine the lime juice, sugar, oregano, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. I know that combination may sound strange to some ears (as it did to mine), but trust me on this one. Let chicken marinade for 30 minutes.

Chop up peppers and onion into 1/4 inch slices and fry over medium heat.

When chicken has set in marinade for 30 minutes, cook in frying pan over medium/high heat. Please do not to overcook or dry out your chicken. Serve with tortillas, shredded cheese, sour cream, and guacamole. Now imagine you are on a beach in Mexico living the life of a well-fed vagabond. Go on, try it!

Spicy-Lime Chicken Fajitas
(serves 4)

Ingredients
3 chicken breasts
3 limes
2 TBSP sugar
2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 onions
3 TBSP olive oil
3 bell peppers (red, green, yellow)

Directions
1. Cut chicken into slices and let marinate with sugar, limes, oregano, cayenne, and cinnamon (30 minutes).
2. Chop peppers and onions into 1/4 inch slices.
3. Cook marinated chicken in frying pan.
4. Saute peppers and onions in a separate pan.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, that sounds delicious, I may have to make it next week.

Anonymous said...

Perfect for dinner tonight! Thanks!

Amy and Andrew said...

Tried and true. One of my faves. And don't forget the margaritas!

amylouwhosews said...

Oh this looks delish! And easy!

I'm all for spring already! It snowed here this morning! After 75 degree days earlier in the week?!

Sara said...

Yummy, sounds and looks very good. I may just have to make it one day next week!

Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing! My husband and I LOOOVVVEE fajitas! I will definitely try this one, as I too need a break from this winter!!

Jessica said...

I have chicken...and this is what I'm making tonight!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy. Might have to try this for dinner tomorrow night. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Barb Hungerford said...

Sounds great! Will try it soon. And today I had watermelon, so that's helping me thing warmer weather, too.

Dave B. said...

That looks like my dream come true

Ann-Marie said...

These look mighty tasty! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Rebecca said...

Sarah, We LOVED these fajitas! Tay & I are having the leftovers for dinner tonight. Thank you for sharing with us! We love you :)