Wednesday, June 13, 2007

HarvesTime Foods

I'd like to give a shout out to HarvesTime Foods, the best neighborhood grocery store/produce shop ever to exist. I stumbled into HarvesTime a few years ago after I returned from Mexico and was looking for an authentic store with some Latin flavor. There are some things that are cheaper at a chain grocery store, but when it comes to meat and produce, you'd be loco to go elsewhere.

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - $1.49/lb; limes - 20/$1; a large bundle of cilantro/$0.33. You can't dream up these prices! Even Target and Costco can't compete. And Whole Foods...don't even get me started!

If you want to maintain your health and your budget I'd strongly advise making a stop at HarvesTime. When it comes to
ethnic fare, they're not messing around. They stock vegetables and fruits I've never heard of, nor would I know what to do with. They also have a well stocked gourmet cheese selection that rivals the likes of Jewel and Dominick's and comes out with a win. The meat counter - unbelievable. Their spices are also a fraction of the cost compared to what you find in "normal" grocery stores.

Check out this gem on the corner of Lawrence and Talman near Lincoln Square... your wallet and tummy will say thanks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I love HarvesTime! It has completely rocked my world. My experience there last night:

3 large onions
3 large tomatoes
1 head of lettuce
1 bunch of green onions
8 oz pack of mushrooms
Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Garlic Chili Sauce
1 can Bamboo Shoots

= $10.32!

Melissa said...

hear, hear! harvestime rocks the casbah - and my wallet. :)

Vivian Love said...

Sounds great. Too bad I don't have one in my neighborhood!
Vivian Love
Southern California

Andrew said...

Sarah, Congrats on your engagement! I finally made it to HarvesTime last week after saving a link to you post from Sally C. I went to the one on Lawrence and the produce and deli were fantastic! A bit pricy on the grocery items, but hey, that's what Aldi's for. I'm back in WM working part-time. A